You may communicate with an inmate through the US Mail. We receive daily deliveries from the US Postal Service. All incoming mail is opened and searched for contraband. Legal and other privileged mail may be opened only in the presence of the inmate it is addressed to.
Inmate mail can be sent to:
(Inmates Full Name)
255 South Boardman Drive
Gallup, NM 87301
- Mail shall not contain correspondence for inmates other than for the inmate whose name appears on the front of the envelope.
- Inmates shall not request another inmate to forward correspondence beyond the immediate address.
- The senders full name and complete address must appear on the front of the envelope.
- Postage Stamps, cash and calling cards are prohibited (only Money Orders & Cashier’s Checks).
- Stickers, inkpads, stamps or tape are not allowed in/on the letter.
- Any material that threatens or is detrimental to the security, good order, or discipline of the institution or the mental health of the inmate.
- Other than written/typed correspondence, small pamphlets, photocopies, photographs, or hand-made drawings, nothing else is to be enclosed in the envelope.
- Correspondence in code or gang affiliated is prohibited. This includes lyrics to songs or photos.
- Inmate to Inmate correspondence between correctional facilities/programs is prohibited unless the correspondents are immediate family members or parties in the same legal action and the Wardens of both facilities/programs approve the correspondence.
- No foreign substances such as lipstick, perfume or body fluids are not allowed in or on any mail.
- No greeting cards with glitter and no electronic greeting cards.
- No Polaroid pictures, no pictures larger than 5 X 7.
- No more than five pictures at a time per sender.
- No photos showing nudity or sexually explicit material.
- Correspondence on DOMESTIC ISSUES or RESTRAINING ORDERS are prohibited.
Anything you send besides a letter or card will be returned or put in property until their release. Do not attempt to send cash, books, magazines or clothing.